Florence Christmas Parade 2011
The Florence Christmas Parade is held to enhance the excitement of Christmas for children and the community as a whole. This year Florence Main Street is once again responsible for coordinating the Parade, and as always, there are rules to be followed. These rules and regulations are to improve safety (following state laws and city ordinances) and provide increased enjoyment for participants and spectators.
There will be a few changes to the route as well as to drop off and exit areas and that information will be forthcoming as you sign up.
The following are the guidelines set forth for the 2011 Florence Christmas Parade:
There will be awards for Best Decorated Float (Commercial & Non-Profit) and Best Performance Group.
- Each entry is limited to five units. For example, the XYZ club will be allowed five cars in their entry. When you register, you will be issued numbered permits that must be displayed on each of your units. If the permit is not displayed on the vehicle, it will not be allowed in the parade. Multiple entries from a group or club will not be accepted.
- Entries MUST be decorated or dressed to reflect the theme of the parade: The Magic & Lights of Christmas; however, no one is to be dressed as Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus. Any float having a human Santa or Mrs. Claus will be ejected from the parade.
- Motorcyclists are required by Alabama state law to wear helmets at all times. Motorcycles that are not designed and licensed for public streets will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
- Alabama state law prohibits ATVs from public streets; therefore, ATVs are not permitted in the parade.
- Vehicles not allowed on public streets, according to Alabama state law or City of Florence ordinance will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
- Participation is contingent on Police Department approval.
- Horse units will not be allowed.
- November 28, 2011 is the deadline for return of entry forms and fees. This will be stated on the entry form and will be strictly enforced. Any late entry
will be at the sole discretion of FMS, and will result in an additional $50 late fee being charged
- Rain date for the 2011 Florence Christmas Parade will be Saturday, December 10 at 2 p.m.
More information is available from the Florence Main Street office by calling 256-760-9648. We thank you for your participation and look forward to seeing you at the 2011 Florence Christmas Parade.
Click here to download the 2011 Christmas Parade Entry Form